Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Let Me Just Make My Escape...

"Don't you just hate when your hands can't produce what your mind's eye can see? I am so frustrated I feel like breaking every container in my studio and hurling my painting out the basement door.Yes, I'm having a bit of a snit. I would probably follow through except that it would probably create quite a bad impression for our newly arrived Indian guests and then I would have to clean the whole thing up also."


Well that was the beginning of last week's post and the rest of the week snowballed from there. We had an Indian journalist from Mumbai stay with us for four days, my brother suddenly decided to make his annual visit, daughter # 4 was having prom and invited about 15 people and assorted parents to dine and take pictures in our garden, and the local nursery dumped five cubic yards of dirt in the middle of our driveway. I survived the week. Our guest, Sumita was interesting and no problem at all. My brother came in bearing wine and left for Montreal the next day. And even though daughter #4 told me that the flowers should be blooming(they weren't) and I didn't get the mountain of dirt moved, she still had a good prom party. This weekend turned out to be gorgeous and we got two raised beds constructed and I was taken out for a gourmet dinner at the White Barn Inn in Kennebunk (belated mother's day gift).Today I finally got into the studio and did some drawing and painting. Heavy sigh of relief. This time I had no urge to throw anything out the door. Well, maybe a cat or two....

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

I'm so envious of your raised beds. I always wanted to make one. They look great. Glad you made it back to the studio, and I bet your dinner was great. Can't wait to see what you've been working on in the studio.

Anonymous said...

A trip to the White Barn makes up for a whole lotta things.... lucky you