Thursday, June 10, 2010

Procrastination Station! All Aboard!

Lovely Peony



Herbal Goodness-Lemon Balm Liquer
Transfer Torture
Another rainy day and another good day to be in the studio. It's been so nice outside that I have been  garden bound. I've been battling slugs and squash plants, admiring my roses, planting herbs, weeding and wandering the woods. The working cats have accompanied me, sometimes to the detriment of the garden. They seem to think that my new raised beds are lovely outdoor litter boxes for them. They have since been banned from the vegetable garden. Back in the studio, I have about five projects going. Stuck on three of them, procrastinating on one, and pondering on another. The stuck ones are three different paintings. They usually take me a long time anyways. I tend to get disgusted and embarrassed by them so I set them aside till inspiration or a rescue idea strikes. I also won't take photos of them until they stop embarrassing me. The nerve. The fourth is my project for Suzi Blu's class. I've been ignoring the online critiques because I have been so busy outside. I'm wondering if it was a mistake to sign up for a summer class-I get too distracted.  Ha! Who am I kidding? I'm always distracted. The fifth was a little project I started yesterday for our 26th anniversary which was also yesterday. Did I mention I also procrastinate? A lot. I scanned some of our wedding pictures, then printed one out in black and white and attempted a gel medium transfer so I could use it as the base of a collage. Spent a lot of time peeling wet paper this afternoon and I don't know whether I got it all off or maybe too much? Who knows? I'll just keep adding stuff till it looks good. Hope the husband appreciates fine art. I think it's better than lumberjack tools. Lighter too!
View from my Potting Shed

No comments: