Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mainely Relaxing...

Starlog 2.75. Borrowing (euphemistically) Internet from an anonymous donor and typing with a flashlight held between my shoulder and chin.There are no reading lamps here in this strange land. Daughters arrived safely sooner than we expected (darn). Mass kayaking ensued. I continued drawing 30 cats as prescribed by Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists by Carla Sonheim. You gotta bring books on vacation...I brought that, Kick Ass Creativity, four mysteries, one non fiction, two regular fiction. Titles withheld to protect the innocent.So far today, I have photographed pirates and their wenches at a boat-building festival at East Boothbay, gaped at the underside of a tugboat being built, (who knew they were so massive underwater?), went to an antique show, and have drank lots of libation. It's 10:00 pm and everyone is asleep except me-maybe because I have the only flashlight. I believe I promised to cook someone breakfast-I lied.

No comments: