Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Doldrums of March...

Well I was thinking about the "ides of March" but when I looked it up, I discovered it only meant the date March 15 on the Roman calendar. Nothing to beware really-unless your name was Julius. So beware the doldrums of March...much more scary trying to work through a period of inactivity and mental drought. I've been doing a lot of sketching and messing around with different projects-none of which are done. All  are in various stages. There is my lost girl who went from looking like a concentration camp victim to something that looks somewhat Spanish when I decided to fool around with her colors. Now her eyes are too dark and she doesn't look nearly as upset. Oh well, it's only paint. I will fool around with her again. Then I have another girl who I think is going to turn into a gypsy or a fortune teller. She came to life on a square of wood that the husband donated to the cause from the scraps of his projects. And then there is what I guess I'll call an exercise in trust because I just pulled out a canvas before I went to the gym and painted for 10 minutes. I'll keep going on like that until I decide it's finished. Speaking of the gym, what is with old men at the gym?  Today I saw a man working out on the weight machines in a striped button down oxford and dress pants. Can he not afford a t-shirt and a pair of sweats? Then there are the men who like working out in their jeans and steel toed boots. I know Planet Fitness is supposed to be a no judgement zone, but I am judging. The working cats are getting ready to return to their garden duties. I have ordered the vegetable seeds and have removed the first tick of spring from Al. Let the season begin!

1 comment:

CT said...

Noooooo, not ticks already!
I like the painting on the easel"Blue Flowers in Snow".