Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Seeds of Destruction & Cat-astrophe

I really really hate bagels with seeds. Poppy seed, sesame seed-everything bagels. Don't get me wrong-I love the bagels themselves. There's nothing better than a bagel with butter and cream cheese and a glass of white wine when you're just too tired to cook.. It's those nasty little seeds that get everywhere that I hate.. Poppy seeds in the bed, on the counter, on the floor, refusing to rinse out of the sink. They just won't disappear. I would be very happy with just onion bagels but the husband and daughters would rebel. Sigh...
Anyway one of the working cats spent a little overtime on hazardous duty last night.. The husband had reported seeing a big critter around when we went to round up the cats the other night so we had been trying to get them in early. However some cats are over dedicated to their rodent round up jobs. Daughter #2 came in from work last night asking if the cats were all in because she had seen a coyote outside. Horrors! We all went out for a rescue mission 'cause Al had refused to come in. Daughter #3 went into an immediate decline, already mourning the loss of her cat. I must admit I wasn't very hopeful as I trudged around the woods in my PJ's , winter boots, and flashlight, whistling and calling"Here kitty!" Just as we decided to give up and head back into the warmth and light, I heard a little chirp behind me and there he was-wondering what all the fuss was...
Today's artistic small step will be to open the bottle of ink and drip it on my painting (we are talking really small steps here). Let's hope I accomplish my mission. I guess no picture today as Daughter #4 made off with my camera...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did a search for "I hate bagels with seeds" and your post came up. Truly bagels with seeds were invented by the Devil's own cook! My husband bought two bags of Thomas bagels and boy were they messy... only reason he got two was because it was a buy-one-get-one special! I tried wiping the seeds off the bagel and they just got everywhere! If you're gonna make bagels w/ seeds, make sure they are baked right into the dough!