Friday, March 12, 2010

A Tale of Many Annes

After work today, I went with coworker and cohort Annemarie to a reception at the mill building where her studio is located. A local watercolor artist (another Ann) was showing her work. She had some wonderful flower paintings and several collage type assemblages which she described as recycling work that had gone wrong. Annemarie had met her earlier at the building's trade fair. We went to sign in the guest book and Annemarie told me that I should write my name first. I looked in the book and saw about four Annes' prior to us. Afterwords we walked over to Blue Latitudes where I promptly broke my lenten vow and ordered a martini and contemplated the overabundance of Annes in the area. Problem wasn't solved but the martini was good and the outing fun and inspiring. But now I am wondering what is the plural of Anne? Is it Anne's, Annes', or Annes?

No comments: